Kim G. Roberts DDS – Cosmetic Dentist Salt Lake City Utah
Finding a good cosmetic dentist in Salt Lake City, UT can be confusing. You may have asked yourself some of these questions if you are looking for a good cosmetic dentist:
- What qualifications should I be looking for in a cosmetic dentist?
- What cosmetic procedures can help me get my teeth to look the way that I want them to?
- What are my priorities when it comes to cosmetic procedures?
Here are some guidelines to help make things clearer. After we help clear up some of the unknowns, it will be clear that Dr. Roberts is a phenomenal options for cosmetic dentistry in Salt Lake City and any of the surrounding areas.
Qualification to Look for in a Cosmetic Dentist
Being able to provide high quality cosmetic dentistry comes down to four main factors.
- Natural ability
This speaks to the natural skills of a dentist. Sometimes people don’t think about this factor of dentistry, but hand stability and muscular control do play a big factor in the quality of work that a dentist can provide. Dr. Roberts works hard to stay in shape and maintain a good mind muscle connection. His control over his movements are just one of the factors that make the work he does top notch.
A dentist who is performing cosmetic procedures should have the proper training to do so. Dr. Roberts has received advanced training in order to be able to provide dental implants, cosmetic crowns and more. You can rest assured that Dr. Roberts is highly trained to provide almost any cosmetic procedure you may be hoping to have done.
Experience should often be one of the major deciding factors in choosing a cosmetic dentist to help you achieve your ideal smile. How often, and how long a dentist has been doing a procedure is important. Dr. Roberts has been practicing dentistry for more than 20 years. He has been providing cosmetic procedures throughout his entire career and is without a doubt one of the most experienced dentists you will find.
Proper equipment is vital to provide the highest quality cosmetic procedures available. We invest heavily in technology in order to ensure that we can offer exceptional treatment options for our patients. High quality imaging and instruments allows Dr. Roberts to have a clear view and deliver quality work.
Cosmetic procedures can include any dental procedure that is used to enhance the appearance of a person’s smile. Here is a list of common cosmetic procedures:
- Tooth Reshaping or Contouring – A dentist can smooth or shape teeth to have the desired appearance using a drill or a laser.
- Tooth Colored Fillings – This simply means that when a filling is needed, the dentist uses a white composite filling rather than a silver amalgam filling.
- Inlays and Onlays – Inlays and onlays are slightly different from a regular filling because they are made from porcelain that is specifically colored to match your tooth.
- Composite Bonding – Bonding is the process of attaching a tooth colored material to the tooth in order to fill chips and gaps. Bonding is a quick and minimally invasive way to enhance the appearance of a smile if the situation is right.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants are the ideal option for tooth replacement as long as the patient is a good candidate. A dental implant is placed directly into or on top of the jawbone so that it functions similarly to a natural tooth root.
- Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain veneers are a hard thin shell that take the place of tooth enamel and can be used to fix a number of different cosmetic issues.
- Porcelain Bridges – Porcelain bridges are a good option to replace missing teeth. They attach two two adjacent or dental implants and bridge a gap in the mouth, hence the name bridge.
- Gum Surgery – Minimally invasive gum surgeries can even out the gums and easily change the look of a person’s smile.
This list could go on, but this gives you a good idea of what can be done to cosmetically enhance a smile. Dr. Roberts can help you achieve the smile that you have been dreaming of. Call us today to schedule your cosmetic consult today!
Identifying Priorities for Cosmetic Procedures
Before you come to our office for a cosmetic consult, there are a few things that you should think about. This will help us ensure that the outcome of your cosmetic dentistry is as close to perfection for you as it can be.
What is your deadline?
Identifying when you would like to have something completed by is a very important step in the process of having cosmetic dentistry procedures done. This gives the dentist an idea of the things that he should recommend as solutions to what you are trying to accomplish. For example, if you have a deadline of two months away, we are not going to do clear aligners to try to straighten your teeth because we can not have that complete in that time frame.
What is your price range?
Identifying the funds that you have to put toward cosmetic procedures will help Dr. Roberts identify what can be done to achieve the look you are hoping to accomplish. Cosmetic procedures can range from a few hundred dollars to many thousands of dollars, so deciding on a price range helps the dentist know what to suggest.
How much of your natural teeth do you want to keep?
This is a question that many people don’t ask themselves. It is important to identify how important keeping your natural teeth is to you. We always suggest to keep as much of the natural tooth as possible to obtain the look you are trying to achieve. For example, if you want to keep your teeth as natural as possible and you are trying to get straighter teeth, you might want to look at getting clear aligners rather that going straight to porcelain veneers.
Once you have clearly identified these factors in your mind, Kim G. Roberts, DDS are a great option to help you formulate a plan of action to achieve your desired smile.